Filling station with an autonomous module for producing high-purity green hydrogen
Pollution-free hydrogen fuel
As part of the program of transition to pollution-free environmentally friendly hydrogen fuel, Laser Systems JSC proposes the development of a hydrogen filling station project with an autonomous hydrogen production module, which can be installed in places where electricity consumption is limited or impossible.
The reagent for producing high-purity hydrogen from water is industrial aluminium powder. The process is based on the hydrothermal reaction of aluminium with water:
The hydrogen released in the process is of enough purity to be used in fuel cells. During the process, aluminium powder turns into boehmite powder, which can be returned to the aluminium plant for recirculation or use as a valuable raw material for the production of ceramics, sorbents, and catalysts.
- Technology scalability
- Available raw materials are used: ASD industrial aluminium powder and water
- No carbon footprint
- The boehmite obtained in the process is a high-demand raw material for a wide range of industrial technologies
- Energy independence and mobility of the complex
- Obtaining high-purity hydrogen suitable for fuel cells
Automotive hydrogen filling station (AHFS) with an autonomous module for producing high-purity hydrogen, with a capacity of 100 nm per hour.
"PROJECT 100" main technical characteristics
* Water consumption, taking into account water circulation (irreplaceable losses make 150 kg/h) The plant operates on the basis of a suspension of aluminium powder in water (ASD-4 is supposed to be used as a main powder)
A POSSIBLE OPTION FOR USING AN AUTONOMOUS AHFS IN A NETWORK OF HYDROGEN FILLING STATIONS
The heat released while the reaction is used to power the station.
Aluminium energy complex
Aluminium-hydrogen power plant as a booster source of electricity for emergency power supply of nuclear power-generating station systems